Tuesday 17 September 2013

Fedora18 Installation

I tried Installing Fedora 19 in the beginning. Installed it with GNOME desktop which was very choppy and it was lagging. I figured out that it needs a lot of resources and its not suitable to run as a Virtual Machine. I tried Installing it again with XFCE desktop considering the fact that XFCE takes less resources, however, the installation stuck on creating users. Therefore, I gave up Fedora19 and Installed Fedora18 x64 with XFCE desktop Instead.

I installed the OS on my Hard Drive as Virtual Machine, my host is Windows 7 and this is what I would be using for the rest of the semester.

I will be using the TEL building computers so here is the configuration

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83GHZ
Installed RAM: 4.00GB (I dedicated 1GB for the Fedora VM)
Hard Drive: 500GB(Dedicated 20 GB for the Virtual Machine)

I have access to my system's GUI or if i want I can access it through SSH but i would have to plug in the hard drive and turn on my VM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Virtual Machine doesn't start, stuck at "PCI2.10 PnP PMM"

Another day another problem, I was setting up a lab environment, after creating a Virtual Machine using Virtual Machine Manager, My machine ...