Saturday 14 December 2013

Pkgdb2 - 5 hours of head scratching till 6 in the morning

Thursday night after I finished my exams and sat down to install pkgdb2, I made some progress but got stuck in getting a database together to test the pkgdb2 with. Luckily, I found Pierre- the package author, online 1 in the morning.

I started asking him questions and we were trying to resolve why the template database that comes with the clone, not working with this installation. We checked all the important python scripts in a spree of "fpaste" then figured out that my mod_wsgi file is pointing towards the clone and not the installed pkgdb2 directory. So we fixed that and I installed Sqlite manager to see if the database is good and it was. Then we were checking the httpd logs and it still says "table Package" not found. We know from the trouble shooting "print" statements in the script that it is pointing towards the right database but still it gave the same error. Even Pierre said "Now even I don't know what is wrong" :)

Anyhow, I installed A new VM to conduct a fresh installation from scratch and see if it works this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to add "Discord" in Steam's Big Picture Mode

 With the release of Steam deck a lot of people are turning into Steam Deck Big Picture Mode(BPM) to enjoy an exclusive gaming experience, t...