Saturday 14 December 2013

Successfull Deployment of Fedora Package Database(pkgdb2) on ireland(could be my release 0.3 if I cannot get help to test it with a database)

As I said in my last blog post that I would try it on a new VM. I installed Fedora 19 from scratch and this time I did not install pkgdb2 under python/site-scripts, however, I ran it directly from clone to see if that makes a difference. Unfortunately, it did not make any difference. We know for sure that it is hitting the right database but somehow the connection is not opening up properly. I have left a message for Pierre on github and I am online since about 36 hours with very little sleep, waiting to catch him on IRC.

I got access to ireland on Friday, and was told by Chris to deploy the the instance on there. Therefore, however much installation was completed, I successfully set it up Fedora Package Database on ireland.proximity.on.ca. Also, I set it up on virtual-host running on port 8080. If anybody wants to check out the deployment they can do so on this url: http://ireland.proximity.on.ca:8080/pkgdb2

Keep in mind, as there is no database to test with, if you click on any link you will get a 500 internal server error as the config files are not properly communicating with the sample sqlite database. Here is a screen-shot of the instance:





















 

In my desperation of testing my achievement with a database, I even converted the sample database to mysql and tried to test it with it. I thought I had to change only a couple of "dbi_url" lines, however, there was much to change in the core python scripts that I do not possess knowledge of.

If I could not test it with a database by tomorrow 6pm then I will just document the process of pkgdb2 deployment(as far as I could deploy it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to add "Discord" in Steam's Big Picture Mode

 With the release of Steam deck a lot of people are turning into Steam Deck Big Picture Mode(BPM) to enjoy an exclusive gaming experience, t...