Sunday 15 December 2013

Pkgdb2 fully setup on ireland - Official release 0.3

My goal for Release 0.3 in the beginning was to deploy Fedora Package Database and make it work with fedpkg. However, pkgdb was getting outdated so I worked on installing pkgdb2. I managed to deploy a development instance of it for my 0.1, 0.2 I could not do much as it was getting hard to communicate with Pierre.

Now, I have successfully deployed pkgdb2 on

ireland.proximity.on.ca:8080/pkgdb2

It is completely functional and nothing is broken. It has a database that it is communicating with but there is no data in it as of yet, as i did not understand all the table relationships and did not have time to look into it. Nonetheless, there is no reason why it would not work when data is put into it, because the website is connecting to the right database.

I was told to deploy the pkgdb2 on ireland on a virtual host so i set it up on port 8080. I have properly configured the firewall to allow port8080.
I requested the packages list that needed to be put into the database and I haven't got it yet, however, we have the data scheme now so that getting the packages information in there should not be a big issue. Also, if we click login on the website it is going through FAS authentication, in the future we may set up our own authentication system but for now this is working. Ideally, Anybody who is in sytem-admin or package-maintaner group in FAS should be able to modify the packages through th GUI(it is not tested yet).

The database scheme can be checked here: http://ireland.proximity.on.ca:8080/tables.txt

The database dump is also there on ireland. As of yet, the website is communicating with an empty database based on mysql.

Enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to add "Discord" in Steam's Big Picture Mode

 With the release of Steam deck a lot of people are turning into Steam Deck Big Picture Mode(BPM) to enjoy an exclusive gaming experience, t...